Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Neverland Threory.

I have a theory. Okay, fine. I have  a lot of theories. But this particular one is called the neverland theory.
I do not always give boys or men the credit they deserve. But I'm giving boys full credit here.
Do you remember when Peter became a Lost Boy? He had heard his parents talking about a boring future for him. This is not what he wanted; he wanted to do whatever he chooses and wanted to become whatever he please. So he went away to Neverland. In the book of Peter Pan, every child has a Neverland in their own mind. This is true. Peter's Neverland was just a lot more physical. Anyway, the point is, he held onto his dreams and it took him to the happiest place he could be. 
Now, I know some might argue if he was truly happy, but that is not the point.
You see, I think boys who become Lost Boys go to Neverland, that safehaven of dreams and happiness, while girls originate in Neverland. Lost Girls go to the real world.
Every girl starts out wanting to be a princess (just like every boy starts out wanting to be a knight or a pirate) and every girl believes that they are beautiful and enchanting and that they have secret magic locked inside them. But then the world tells them untrue things. They do have magic inside them, they do have, infact, enchanting personalities (provided that the lies do not stunt their growth) and they are, in reality, beautiful. But once a girl stops believing these things, even for a moment, they are transported to the real world. The real world wears people down; it makes them old, boring, unimaginative, and sad. Why would anyone give up the hopes and dreams of a child? You see, I think boys have the right ideas here: Don't become another fussbudget (I promise that isn't a swear word) and persue your dreams. They understand that it's good to be who you want to be. Why don't girls understand that? infact, what boggles me most is how 95% of all teens want to "express themselves" and "be who they really are" but then they turn around and whine about how they will "never fit in!" What is all this noise? I don't understand that!
Anywho, why should girls grow up so much? that is not logical. Do you think that the future will be better if you can't like where you are now? I mean, really, why would you want to grow up? I understand the being able to do things independantly and find true love and all that jazz, but not the becoming annoyingly boring and well, a fussbudget. (oh how I love that word.)
Why, girls, do we believe that we are not beautiful? Why do we think no one can accept us? Why is this? I'm going to illustrate my point with a song. (If you are reading this now, you probably know this song pretty well.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR2RhHLak60&feature=share&list=FLpV38a6KlMOd6IzyeYKJnFw

I. rest. my. case. No, no I don't. I'm going to open my case and pull more evidence and testimonies out.
Maybe this is the reason why guys mature slower than girls. Maybe.
I pity the boy who never goes to neverland; and I pity the girl who never goes back. Girls, if you never start believing you are a princess or beautiful or worth anything ever again, you will never go back to neverland. How can you create beauty or happiness if you don't believe there is any in you? And, even worse, how can you expect others to see you are beautiful if you don't in the least?
It's like Jordan Taylor ( A comedian and 'philosipher' I highly respect) says to us girls: [it's hard to respect someone if they don't respect themselves.] (ok I don't know what he really said but we basically said the same thing)
I think that every girl escapes Neverland at somepoint. But it is possible to return there. How? I think that you already know how.
Being back in Neverland gives you imagination, creativity, happiness, and charity (which, we all know, is the Pure Love of Christ)
I would know, I've recently returned myself. Whenever I leave, I feel sad, and awful, and like lightning is slowly creeping it's way into my soul (don't ask how that works). I hope you all can come back, and we will all help eachother stay together.
I have to give credit to my friend, E, for giving me bits of inspiration. Talk to E. She's really awesome.
So, sorry guys, if this was not as epic as you had hoped. It's a little more girly. But if you can, please share with your sisters, gal friends, girlfriend, wife, mom, or whatever girls you know. Remember, guys, to be a prince. You are all secret princes, just like all of us girls are secret princesses. Make sure you understand that you are a prince and everyone depends on you. Never think less of yourself.
"there are no frogs in life; just handsome princes who don't know who they are."
So remember to visit neverland often, and try not to leave.
Adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment